Friday, April 29, 2011

Follow Friday #6

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View, her featured blog this week is Marla from Starting the Next Chapter, make sure you check her out and don't forget to follow follow follow.

FF featured question: Keeping with the dystopian and apocalypse theme that seems to be running rampant on parajunkee.com, I have one very hard question for you: If you were stocking your bomb shelter, what books would you HAVE to include if you only had space for ten?

Endings (when I'm singing in the car)

This is a toughy.

1. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein - teaches you to give unselfishly

2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - teaches tolerance and love

3. The Bible - a world altering piece of literature, in my opinion, whether you are religious or not this book is very important

4. Homer's The Iliad & The Odyssey (in one book, it counts) - shows there is more than one way to believe & has very important literary themes

5. The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (again one HUGE book) - source of history as well as a source of every possible literary theme/life lesson you can think of

6. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss - teaches us to take care of our planet

7. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine - a fairy tale with a strong heroine

8. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen - it's about love, about how no matter how scary it is love is worth it

9. The Inescapable Presence by Arvid E. Anderson (My Grandpa) - this is obvious

10. Prom Dates from Hell (Maggie Quinn: Girl vs Evil #1) by Rosemary Clement-Moore - because I love this book and her.  It's the amateur sluth Nancy Drew/Veronica Mars meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer but with Demons. I couldn't decide between Harry Potter or The Hunger Games then I realized that everyone will be rescuing those, which means they will be available, so why not save something obscure and fun.

If given more space for more books I would also save: The Strange Angels Series by Lili St. Crow, the rest of the Maggie Quinn: Girl vs Evil series, John Winchester's Journal, The Psychic Eye Mystery Series by Victoria Laurie, The Hunger Games Series, Harry Potter Series, Jane True Series, all of Dessen's Books....pretty much my entire book shelf which, now that I think about it, I could fit on my nook, so I would just sneak that in with a very good generator.

 Happy Friday Everyone!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy,

    Great picks. I never thought of sharing books. That is a good idea. Grab something that someone else may not have and then you can loan each other books and then everyone can share their books. Cool Thinking!

    New Follower:) MY post can be seen at http://guiltypleasuresreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/follow-friday-4-29-11.html

    I hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete